Paris Peace Forum - 2022 Call for Solutions [fr]
The Paris Peace Forum launches its annual call for solutions for the fifth edition of the Forum, to be held November 11-12, 2022 in Paris.
The Call for Solutions is open through 27 May.
Founded on the idea that international cooperation is key to overcoming global challenges and ensuring lasting peace, the Paris Peace Forum’s mission is to bring together all actors in global governance – heads of state and government, international organizations, local governments, NGOs, foundations, businesses, the media, trade unions, religious groups, and citizens – so that every year and under one roof, they may engage in dialogue.
Each year, the Paris Peace Forum highlights governance projects or initiatives that propose specific solutions to global challenges. These projects have achieved significant results and are characterized by their international and multi-stakeholder dimension and the ability to bring about lasting change within global governance.
This year, the Forum is accepting proposals of projects or initiatives on the following themes only:
- Involving civil society in conflict resolution
- Protecting civilians in times of war
- Considering the social effects of the fight against climate change
- Protecting the rights of indigenous people
- Leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) for economic development in the Global South
- Curbing harmful content online
- Fighting against art trafficking and protecting cultural heritage in armed conflicts
- Making the digital economy work for women’s economic empowerment
- Developing feminist foreign policies
- Protecting the Earth’s orbital environment
- Measuring the non-financial impact of companies
- Preparing for pandemics: strengthening surveillance and rapid response within health systems
The selected projects or initiatives will be invited to the Space for Solutions at the Paris Peace Forum and will receive the Paris Peace Forum 2022 label.
For leaders of the selected projects, the Forum will be a unique opportunity to :
- obtain international visibility and exposure thanks to the physical presence of their project during the event (stand or signage);
- take the floor during the event to speak about their work and/or share their views on the issue in global governance that they are addressing;
- meet and discuss with experts and decisionmakers in their domain.
Additionally, the Paris Peace Forum’s support of governance projects extends beyond each edition of the Forum. Every year, the ten most relevant and promising governance projects are selected for customized support through our SCUP program.
The Paris Peace Forum does not finance projects (including projects presented at the event and projects supported as part of the SCUP program).
All information on the call for solutions : parispeaceforum.org/en/2022-call-for-solutions/